Friday, September 10, 2010

Novel Update

After much consideration, and a class at SCBWI this summer, I've decided my novel actually is middle grade - not young adult. It just doesn't have that intently personal "vibe" that the YA audience needs, so I'm reworking it back to its original MG home.

Where does that leave me?

With a serious need to edit. I've already cut and rearranged to the point where I'm back with a draft, but it feels like a skeleton of its prior self. I'm going to be working really hard if I'm going to make my self-imposed query date of Sept. 24.

I do think that's the right decision, though. This story will work out much better in the long run as a middle grade novel (or series....that'd be really cool). My next story is definitely YA though. It is so much more personal, and I think I like it better than Cassie's story to be totally honest. Julia's story will have to wait until October, which is somehow appropriate for a girl who chats with ghosts....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing. I'm sure you'll manage to make your 9/24 query date!

    ReplyDelete