Friday, March 8, 2013

New Project

I have a new semi-secret project.  (Semi-secret, of course, because I don't mind mentioning it...but I'm also not going to reveal too much about it.)

Right now, it's coming along swimmingly.  At four days in, I've crossed the 7,000 word mark.  That's not exactly record pace for me, but I'm pleased with my word count.  If writing as my alter-ego did anything, it taught me how to get a book in on deadline (and I hit wordcounts per day that I didn't think possible).

So, what can I tell you about this new SSP (you know, Semi-Secret Project)?

Those of y'all who know me well, know that I have a different candle for each book.

This book's scent is....Macintosh (from Yankee Candle Company).  Originally, it was going to be a different scent, but I discovered I was very allergic to it.  It isn't easy to type while sneezing.  So, Macintosh it is.

There is one scene that I bought a special votive candle for....True Rose.  Hmm, sounds romantic, doesn't it?  Hint...hint....

My playlist is still kind of evolving at this point.  I'll have to add to the list as the book goes on.  Right now, I'm noticing a heavy amount of Mumford & Sons.  Here are a few of my preferred writing songs for SSP.
-  Holland Road (Mumford & Sons)
- I Will Wait (Mumford & Sons)
- Hopeless Wanderer (Mumford & Sons)
- Kiss Me (Ed Sheeran)
- Shake it Out (Florence + the Machine)
- Just Give Me a Reason (Pink)
- It's Time (Imagine Dragons)
- Till Kingdom Come (Coldplay)
- New York (Snow Patrol)

And remember.....



No comments:

Post a Comment