Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Book Review - Anna Dressed in Blood

I'll admit that the last time I read a young adult book told primarily from a guy's point of view was likely back when the Harry Potter books were still new.  I'm not sure if I've ever read a young adult book written in first person where the main character was a guy - unless that "never released, never finished" book written from Edward's POV counts...and I don't think it does.  So, it took me a little while to get into the rhythm of this book, but I'm really glad I did.

It's deliciously creepy.

More than a little gory (really, some of those scenes in the middle portion of the book kept me up at night).

And the main character made me wonder if the Winchester brothers had a younger sibling they didn't know about....

I really loved the story.  Cas' voice was cynical, a little sarcastic, and a touch gritty.  He's spent more of his life interacting with the undead (following in his father's footsteps) than being a normal high school student, and it shows.  When he's forced to make friends in his new town, he'd be much happier just out dealing with ghosts somewhere - but he needs them when he encounters a ghost like he's never met before.

When he meets Anna, he may have just met his match.

I highly recommend this book for fans of things that go bump in the night.

5 out of 5 dog treats

No comments:

Post a Comment